It doesn’t get any easier-take just 9 steps towards better sleep. The hard part is putting them into practice. Into a routine that fits you and helps you sleep better.
When I found this list on the web, I had to share it with you. I have written a few things about sleep before, where we focus on decluttering our bedrooms for better sleep. Only because I find it to be one of the most important parts of our lives to organize and manage. So, I came up with just 9 steps towards better sleep. The trick now is to review the list, pick your favorites and test them out. You see, routines are key to a better life. Staging our routines is even smarter. What do I mean by staging? You guessed it. Set up your favorite steps towards better sleep so that you are ready when you can’t FALL ASLEEP!
Don’t wait until you can’t fall asleep to grab your list and go looking for what you need. Stage them NOW! Here are just 9 steps towards better sleep:
- Find a comfortable bed. I know. Sounds easy. And beds can be costly. But we spend about one-third of our lives sleeping. Take time and go shopping. Test out different beds. Take your time. That is what they are there for.
- Your bedroom needs to be conducive to sleep. Read my post here on how to stage your bedroom for better sleep. The Biggie. No electronics and any light distractions.
- Take a bath before bed. Even better, a lavender Epsom salt bath.
- Drink a small amount of warm milk, herbal tea or tart cherry juice. They relax us.
- Gentle yoga stretching. There are plenty of free routines on YouTube.
- Do some light reading or listen to a relaxing podcast.
- Say goodnight to your worries. GRAB A BLANK TABLET AND PEN AND PUT THEM BY YOUR BED. This will be your BRAINDUMP checklist. Write down everything that pops into your head. Keep writing. What you have to remember tomorrow, next week, your dreams, your list of favorite books…you name it. BRAINDUMP!
- Don’t get into heavy chatter before you go to sleep. It makes our minds wander.
- And most importantly, don’t force your sleep. And this is one of MY FAVORITES. If you can’t sleep, get up and do some LIGHT ORGANIZING. And by light, I mean a few minutes of tidying up one space. That space that, if clean and tidy, will make tomorrow easier.
Review this list. Pick your top three or four favorite things that you believe you want to try. Those tips that you think will help you fall and stay asleep for 7 to 8 hours. Research has shown that we need at least 7 to 8 hours of solid-state sleep for healthy brain and cardiovascular health. Read this wonderful post about it here.
I love to hear what you think of this post. And which steps you choose for your better sleep! So, drop a comment and thank you for stopping by.
Did you know my subscribers get free bonus home productivity worksheets each month? That one way I thank my community. The worksheets are emailed to members on the first Monday of each month. So don’t wait. Subscribe and grab the free worksheets and other fantastic organization news. Subscribe here: